Everywhere you go, you are surrounded by establishments. There are a lot of businesses, restaurants, schools, hotels and many more. These establishments are all required to maintain cleanliness and orderliness.
You may be working in an office for five times a day spending forty hours of your work on that office table. You may not notice but an important part of your office is the entrance mat. Yes, every establishment needs to have entrance mats.
Entrance mats are the first thing you see in any facility. You can see them at homes, offices, restaurants and other establishments. Owning effective entrance mats are important for your business facility.
What is a Mat?
A mat is a piece of fabric that is generally placed on a floor or other flat surface. Its main function is to absorb dirt and other particles from an establishment.
What are the types of mats?
- Doormats or entrance mats
These are flat, usually rectangular, object placed immediately outside or inside the entrance to a house or other building, to allow people to easily scrub or wipe the soles of their shoes before entering. Doormats are usually made from tough, long-lasting material such as coir, palmyra fibres and stalks, nylon, rubber, cloth or other materials.
- Cabinet mats
These are mats made of rubber that protects the kitchen cabinets, more particularly kitchen sink base cabinet, from leaks, water damage, molds and household item spills that commonly occur in the kitchen sink cabinet.
- Bath mats
These are mats used on the floor of a bathroom to provide warm non-slip surface and to absorb small amounts of water, much like a towel.
Why is owning effective entrance mats important?
The best reason for an establishment to have entrance mat is to stop dirt, moisture and bacteria from entering the building. 85% of all soil enters a building on the feet of the occupants. Here are more of the reasons why you need a good entrance mat for your establishment.
- Mats reduce instances of slips and falls dramatically. During rainy days, having entrance mats present can prevent accidents. Mats absorb excess water on the shoe soles of the occupants.
- Quality entrance mats improve indoor air quality (IAQ) and safety in commercial and residential applications. A well-used door mat can trap and hold dirt, allergens, preventing their spread into the rest of the building, reducing the need for extensive cleaning.
- Mats can brighten the appearance of an entry way. The first thing someone sees when they enter a building is the mat. It sets the first impression of your facility.
- Every facility has foot traffic. Foot traffic brings dirt, moisture and bacteria into your facility. A location that is open to the public will have more foot traffic, than one that is not.
An effective entrance matting is a necessity for any facility. Safety is a major concern in all establishments. Effective entrance matting system scrapes off dirt and debris, absorb moisture and dry the bottom of the shoes. Establishments spend good money on quality entrance mats because of the benefits they provide.